Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to join our team as a Data Analyst. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience. The position will be responsible for a range of tasks supporting the program needs with data management, data modeling, and data verification, while supporting the overall program goals and expectations.
This opportunity includes performing analytics, modeling, and report building: communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, and program staff. In addition, this position will research technology changes to support improvements to the energy efficiency program and develop new energy saving methods for electric and gas customers.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Work with implementation teams to create a prioritized list of needs to improve the availability and presentation of business data.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the Energy Efficiency Program and identify opportunities to effectively utilize program budget to meet program requirements.
- Work with managers to outline the specific data needs for each initiative.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state deliverable reporting requirements by performing data quality audits and analysis.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Quantitative Field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering) with 2+ years related experience. High school diploma may be considered in lieu of a degree with an additional 4 years experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft tools
- Advanced experience with Excel, and other analytics tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to high-quality customer service
- Excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Salesforce or other CRM knowledge preferred
- Data related Python or R experience
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Focus on Process Improvement
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.