Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking experienced Systems Engineers and Integrators in support of the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program
LEIDOS is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of a modernized EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.5 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The DHMSM Systems Engineering & Integration Lead will lead technical efforts surrounding the optimization of engineering and integration processes in support of existing and new capabilities within the EHR system of systems from a DHMSM system perspective. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Engineering Lead and the Program Manager to create strategies, plans, and processes for the rollout and sustainment of DHMSM services. The candidate will be a key liaison to the DHMSM Systems Engineering and Baseline Assistant PMs and their supporting technical teams.
- Provide systems engineering and integration rigor and analysis of a highly complex system of systems through functional systems analysis, design, and integration.
- Advise on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Provide leadership to design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) for system components and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Provide leadership of technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance.
- Manage system integration through lifecycle engineering technical review leadership support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Review existing system components and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements.
- Develop plans and requirements for complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking, telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships.
- Identify resources required for each task.
- Review existing processes and procedures for improvements and provide recommendations to LPDH and DHMSM leadership for execution.
- Regular briefings to and communication with GS-14 and GS-15 level government customers. Support to Chief Engineer briefings to SES level government customers is possible.
- Mentor and coach technical staff. Provide recommendations to the Chief Engineer about additional junior or mid-level staffing needs of the program.
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizenship required – must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance, per contract requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of lifecycle engineering for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices
- Project management experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), IMS, and work authorizations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Experience with resource/staffing needs assessment, hiring, and team management
- Experience setting leadership team expectations and delegating duties appropriately
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including databases
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.