The Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Product Owner/Lead Business Analyst. This position is available for telework with meetings in the DMV area.
Leidos is looking for a Product Owner/ Lead Business Analyst to join our team responsible for the integration, operations, and sustainment of various operational and in-development systems. This position will manage a team made up of DevSecOps, systems engineers, systems administrators, and testers tasked to modernize our customer’s enterprise. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and the various tools necessary to run agile teams, as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed. The effort will harness GOTS, COTS and Custom technologies to deliver advanced production and dissemination capabilities using desktop, web and cloud technologies.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Product Owner/Lead Business Analyst position include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead customer business owner in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Lead analysis, development and presentation of requirements based on business and project needs.
- Develop product ownership processes, guidelines, templates, SOPs, training, etc
- Collaborate with developers, DBAs and testers and drive software development team in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and meet customers’ expectations.
- Actively lead/participate in the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle.
- Actively lead/engage in process improvement initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems.
- Facilitate communication between key stakeholders to ensure concise communication of project requirements to achieve consistent quality deliverables within client expectations.
- Communicate and consult with Project Management, O&M and DME teams to ensure effective project transition, to clearly define project status and to identify areas of improvement within the Operations workflow.
- Develop the team roadmap and support the team as needed to deliver on commitments
- Plan and prioritize epics, features, stories, and bugs in JIRA and create requirements documentation
- Help define, document, and track the completion of Epics, Stories, Tasks, and Bugs
- Communicate with other Product owners and scrum masters, program leadership, customers, and development teams
- Support agile meetings such as daily scrum, retrospectives, and program increment planning
- Design and develop documentation including procedures, process flow diagrams, work instructions, and protocols for processes.
- Collaborate with product IPT team across the various development phases to ensure enhancements/changes are implemented and tested according to requirements.
- Assist in new growth opportunities with customer meetings, presentation, white papers, etc
- Lead troubleshooting and business issues resolution
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years or more of professional experience; or 8+ years of professional experience with a related Master degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into user story and acceptance criteria requirements.
- Hands on experience in working with customers to define/optimize their business processes, breaking them down into requirements, and helping to define the implementation through available technologies.
- Experience in applying Agile development methodology.
- Experience developing documentation including specifications, procedures, process flow diagrams, work instructions, and protocols for processes.
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and managing efforts to the schedule.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to develop and collect metrics to be used to improve team performance.
- Prior participation in Program Increment (PI) planning sessions with the customer, development team, and external stakeholders.
- Experience leading multi-discipline technical teams.
- SAFe POPM certification.
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.