The NISC IV program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional with confined space expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s Confined Space Program and you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and data to all levels of FAA and NISC management. Responsibilities for the position include the following: Project management and planning. Work place evaluations of confined spaces, determination of permit required or not. Hazard identification and mitigation solutions for PRCS. Develop entry procedures and alternate entry procedures. Note: Preferred location is in the Western Service Area (WSA); however, and it can be virtual.
Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with less than 2 years of professional experience.
- Must be able to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Ability to evaluate confined spaces for hazards and provide mitigation recommendations including, but not limited to hazard elimination and personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all confined space specifications are consistent with all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws, regulations, and guidelines related to confined spaces.
- Working knowledge of OSHA General Industry and Construction standards.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 50 to 75 lbs.
- Analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols. Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.