The Technology Project Lead works on technology initiatives across Leidos. Approximately 75% of the Technology Project Lead’s time will be devoted to a focus project identified in collaboration with the Leidos Chief Technology Officer, and the other 25% time will be on other topics associated with implementing the technology strategy. Examples of focus projects include but are not limited to competitive technical intelligence, external technology harvesting, internal research and development, technology harvesting from programs, growing the technology workforce, and telling our story as a technology company. Day-to-day activities range from collaborating with technical staff, to making recommendations on resource allocation, to speaking about Leidos technology and capabilities.
This position provides a 12-month rotational assignment within the Office of Technology. The Office of Technology drives technology-based differentiation across Leidos. This broadly includes developing the Leidos technology strategy, managing the Leidos Technology Accelerators, and expanding/executing the Leidos’ approach to leveraging all sources of technology to achieve differentiation: for example, external sources, internal research and development, contract research and development, and harvesting technology from programs. Technology Project Leads will contribute in all of these areas and gain valuable visibility into technologies and solutions across the corporation.
This sub family is responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function’s strategy and operations. Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Develops solutions that are highly innovative and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project. Works to convince others to accept area’s view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs. Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Engineering, or Technology field and 10-15 years of related industry experience.
- Prior technical roles with growing duties and responsibilities
- A recognized expert in his/her field (journal articles/books/white papers), having frequently spoken at high-level conferences
- Excellent technical credentials in fields relevant to Leidos’ technical priorities (e.g., enterprise IT, cyber, software, integrated systems)
- Effective at communicating with senior management including executive leaders
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, and build consensus
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a Science, Engineering, or Technology field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.