Come put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for a talented Software Engineer to come work on our newly awarded APS Program in Omaha, NE. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment. In this role, there is the potential to support multiple contract to help provide growth and broadening opportunities within Leidos.
This is some of the cool stuff you will be doing in this role:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters to support in the creation and development of mission critical software source code.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support the creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specifications using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
To be successful in this role you must have the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of experience in a relevant field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- An active DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
You will wow us even more if you have these preferred qualifications/skills:
- Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSDL.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.