Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Manager, Proposal Operations – Proposal Management and Compliance located in Reston, VA.
The Leidos' Proposal Operations Team provides highly skilled people, facilities, and resources to support more than $50B in annual proposal submissions. Proposal Operations is a centralized department, supporting Leidos’ most strategic and high value bids. As such, this position provides an excellent opportunity to play a strategic role in the organization. We are seeking a highly qualified, Senior Manager able to lead our team of Proposal Managers and Compliance Leads. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Proposal Operations.
- Manage and lead a team of 30+ geographically dispersed Proposal Managers and Proposal Compliance Leads
- Monitor and understand the Leidos Enterprise pipeline and prioritize requests for resources
- Provide updates to Leidos Leadership regarding Proposal Manager Organization budget, workload, projected needs, and business issues
- Lead the Proposal Management team through job specific goal setting, performance tracking, mentoring, career progression, and positioning the team for long-term success.
- Supervise and provide leadership, mentorship, and performance guidance to employees and junior staff
- Review proposals, providing value and feedback to proposal teams in support of an increased pWin
- Track, schedule, and coordinate work assignments to support new business capture across the Leidos Enterprise, and keeping the proposal management team highly utilized
- Grow next generation Proposal Management Talent
- Serve as escalation point for open decisions, issues, and risks to support and enforce deadlines. Judiciously escalate operational issues to the Leidos Leadership team
- Regularly liaise with Line Leadership, Capture Operations, subcontractors, and customer stakeholders throughout the Leidos community
- This position will require hands-on work to establish team goals, review of workloads and schedules, and counseling of staff in challenging situations
- This position could require delivering proposal-related trainings and managing Proposals and Color Review Team work when needed
- Weekend and evening hours and quick-turn projects are routinely required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- 12+ years of direct proposal/capture-related experience with a broad understanding of a wide variety of proposal types, to include, FEDSIM, OTAs, IDIQs, GWACs, T4NG, “quick-turn” (less than 30-days from final RFP release to proposal submittal) efforts as well as orals presentations. Proposal Management of large, complex single award efforts; Government Contracting experience required
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Proposal Management functional area, business strategies, and how to combine the two in support of the company’s goals
- The selected candidate must possess 3+ years of demonstrated direct supervisory experience of a large team
- Appreciation of, and ability to create a high performing team environment
- Ability to manage conflict effectively and negotiate solutions that best support Leidos goals, mission, and values
- Ability to effectively manage operations & people in a complex, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Direct Proposal/Capture Management experience
- Direct Proposal Management experience encompassing the following: single award efforts valued at $500M - $1B+, FEDSIM proposals, OTAs, IDIQs, GWACs, T4NG, “quick-turn” (less than 30-days from final RFP release to proposal submittal) efforts as well as orals presentations
- Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
- TS Clearance
- Experience with technologies used to support proposals including SharePoint, VisibleThread, and/or PleaseReview
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.