Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is seeking an E-Discovery Project Manager to work on-sight in support of the Department of Justice in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we are equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference! In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The Project Manager is the Contractor manager with primary responsibility for all support provided to a particular case. Project Managers will generally be responsible for more than one active case at a time; a caseload of six to ten "moderately active, moderately-sized" cases will be typical, with several of the cases possibly in the discovery and/or document review stage, one case in trial, several in the deposition preparation/witness binder stage, etc. Extremely large or active cases may reduce the number of other cases handled by a Project Manager. In mammoth cases, involving, for example, more than 10 million pages, more than one Project Manager may be assigned to a case. The Project Manager is the Government's primary point of contact for all support for the case. The Project Manager will have frequent contact with the COR, Government Case Managers, trial attorneys, client agency staff, and sometimes even opposing counsel. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing all support for the case, including monitoring work flow, progress reporting, identifying and assigning staff, budget development and tracking, coordinating technical/data processing and eDiscovery support, and obtaining other required resources. Performs an active quality assurance role to ensure high quality work delivered on time. Ensures that proper security is maintained overall project materials, in accordance with Department security procedures. Coordinates with other Contractor components to deliver project support. When operating out of a Document Center, the Project Manager's work may be subject to coordination or direction by the Lead Project Manager.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of progressively more responsible supervisory and management experience on major litigation support projects, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing and eDiscovery support activities
- Expert knowledge of litigation support
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills; and excellent management skills
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing those needs
- Knowledge of the Government's data processing environment in which the work is to be performed, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as but not limited to Oracle, Relativity or other document review platform, and Trial Director
- Familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources
- Expert user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware and document review platforms
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience developing workflows using Relativity or other document review applications
- Experience supervising or managing document review in Relativity.
- Trial experience
- Law degree, technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree
- Technology Assisted Review experience
Experience using LAW
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.