The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Manager to lead the procurement team supporting the Federal Health Solutions, Military Family Life Counseling, and Human Performance divisions of the Health Group’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS) Operation. This role will report directly to the MVHS Subcontracts Director and will be an integrated member of operations, supporting the MVHS’ division leadership.
The Manager is responsible for governance, organizational development and execution of the functions associated with the proposal, administration, compliance and risk management of supplier contracts across the applicable MVHS divisions. The Manager will lead and manage the performance of a team of 5 – 6 procurement professionals. The procurement professionals are geographically dispersed across VA and PA, while the Internal Customers are primarily based in the Leidos Reston, VA headquarters. This position allows for teleworking and remote support, but the Manager is expected to travel to the Reston, VA site to support in-person engagements.
Typical duties include: supplier contract negotiation and administration; supplier development, sourcing, and supply-base diversity and cost management; supplier relationship management; supplier-contract regulatory compliance, DFAR Business System (Purchasing) compliance, and supplier-contract risk management.
The duties of the Manager include:
- Leading full life cycle subcontract management activities for programs within the assigned divisions, including but not limited to: proposal support activities, negotiations of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, preparation of solicitations packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiations of terms and conditions, award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution and closeout activities.
- Developing strategy for competitions, negotiations, and managing subcontractor/supplier performance
- Ensuring that subcontract files are appropriately reviewed and approved in accordance with the Authority to Operate and in compliance with all contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations, conducting regular file audits
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with other functions and suppliers to solve issues of varying degrees of complexity
- Ensuring that customer solicitations are reviewed for potential risks, including compliance with requirements
- Developing prime contract flow down documents
- Working closely with cross-functional leadership, to ensure subcontracting activities are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements, financial and operational objectives. Collaborating on and driving resolution of procurement issues affecting performance.
- Monitoring supplier compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the operations
- Resolving supplier performance and/or quality issues in collaboration with operational leadership
- Advising division and Program Management leadership on procurement issues
- Promoting a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Managing procurement professionals in executing day-to-day activities. Providing training, mentorship to a team with varied levels of proficiencies. Conducting performance reviews, define development actions, identify and engage with top talent in his/her team.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs)
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation, subcontracts administration, and contractor/subcontractor performance management
- Strong knowledge of federal subcontracting and as well as a strong grasp of negotiation techniques.
Executive presence and a strong business acumen
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with CostPoint ERP
- CPSM, CPC or CFCM, ISM, APICS, PMI PMP, or other relevant professional certification(s)
- Ability to engage senior leaders as required to address challenges and resolve issues
- Ability to mentor less experienced employees
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to perform work without appreciable direction
- Demonstrated “Can-Do” and solution oriented attitude
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated; self-starter
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.