The Leidos Spatial Solutions Division has an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to assist with the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical Aeronautical systems.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- The primary duties will be to lead the program's Multi-cloud DevOps capability spanning AWS cloud environments, including the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline.
- Transition CI/CD pipelines from Jenkins to GitLab utilizing automated testing and deployment techniques.
- Maintain PaaS frameworks and Tanzu environments including maintenance, troubleshooting, and cloud optimization.
- Create and Maintain DevOps documentation.
- Maintain user-friendly dashboards displaying program metrics; generate ad-hoc data analysis reports for management and customer; drive business intelligence initiatives and data-driven innovations.
- Once DevOps pipelines are mature, team member will have the opportunity to contribute to other development and configuration management activities.
- We encourage DevOps candidates to also highlight Development, Database Admin, and any Configuration Management experience.
- Proficient in software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Proficient in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies and workflow
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Must possess an active Top Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain SCI post hire
- Requires a BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related discipline and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Familiarity with Git / SVN
- Familiarity with some sort of deployment platform such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or other proprietary deployment platforms.
- Familiarity with automation platforms such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/container based deployments. Knowledge of how to build build, deploy, test pipelines for container deployments.
- 2 days onsite support at the Customer Facility , downtown STL
- 2 days work from home opportunity. Candidate can also work at our St. Louis, MO or O’Fallon, IL facility if preferred.
- 1 day per week at the O’Fallon, IL facility in order to meet with other team members and participate in Sprint reviews.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.