The ANNEX team in the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Automated Test Engineer to work in our Reston, VA office. In support of DoD/Intel programs, the engineer will be responsible for development and maintenance of automation test scripts and test reporting for Offensive and Defensive Cyber Security tools using both industry standard automation test suites and custom developed frameworks within a fully operational test system. The testing process will follow an agile development and release process that supports critical customer mission goals in the area of Cyber Security Operations using manual and automated testing techniques and tools.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work independently, or with a team of software and systems engineers; must be knowledgeable in industry-standard testing tools and methodologies.
- Edit, create, maintain, and debug automated test scripts written in Python, assist with creation of test plans, procedures and reports detailing the test process and infrastructure to appropriately assess that products/deliverables meet defined requirements.
- Use custom built automated test tools and operate in a secure environment.
- Edit and run automated test scripts, and create automated and manual test scripts for processes that are not yet automated.
- Maintain and enhance automated test scripts, as needed for applications in O&M status
- Establish the test approach and defect tracking workflow (primarily automated tests, augmented with manual tests when necessary) for multiple development scrum teams
- Contribute to the scrum teams, participate in daily scrums, and be proactive on work tasks and obstacle resolution
- Provide support to DRs detected in service development, delivery and operations
- Must be a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver that can operate with minimal supervision.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years prior experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Extensive experience with software testing frameworks (e.g. Katalon Studio, Selenium, SoapUI, Junit, DART, or similar)
- Experience with both Mobile and Web Application testing
- Agile workload management and bug tracking (e.g. Jira, BitBucket, or similar)
- Must have a strong working knowledge of scripting and programming in current languages (e.g., Python, Java, C, C++, C#, Assembly, etc.)
- Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI, with Poly, security clearance for consideration
- Organizing/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to Production deployment
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools
- Negative testing concepts and risk assessment reporting
- Understanding of Personal Security Product and Firewall configurations
- Code quality scans (e.g., SonarQube)
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.