The Homeland Security Solutions (HSS) Operation within the Leidos Intel Group has an opening for a Homeland Security Solutions Operation Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
The Operation CTO will lead overall Operation technical innovation, differentiation, and strategy to include creation and execution of a technology roadmap, development of technical solutions for priority captures, management of the Operation internal research and development (IR&D) portfolio, and supporting technical performance on major programs focused on growing the Operation from $600M in 2021 to $1B in 2026. The CTO will bring deep domain expertise in cyber and software solutions to actively participate in the definition and implementation of the long-term technology strategy aligned to the Operation, Group, and Corporate technology strategy. The CTO will meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the company's credentials at solving problems with technically-sound solutions. Additional responsibilities of the Operation CTO include closely partnering with Operation management to ensure the Operation’s technology strategy is aligned with the organization's strategic plan and is reflected in the business development plans. The CTO will consult with business leadership on potential solutions to problems. The CTO will also be an active participant in the Capture Process to include writing and reviewing proposal material. The Operation CTO will seek partnerships with strategic suppliers, renowned universities, and research institutions to develop differentiated solutions. The CTO will be the chief collaborator for all technical matters external to the operation and internal to Operation management and the Operation engineering leadership. Additionally, the CTO will be responsible for the identification, development and mentoring of mid to senior level technical staff.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a Science, Engineering, or Technology field, combined with 20+ years of experience
- Recognized expert with, and experience supporting DHS to include 1 or more of the following components: DHS HQ, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, US Customs and Border Protection, Transportation Security Administration
- Familiarity and / or experience with 1 or more of the following DHS components: US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Federal Emergency Management Agency, US Coast Guard, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, US Secret Service
- Familiarity and / or experience with FBI
- Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities
- Large acquisition program experience
- Demonstrated expertise and program performance in the areas of cyber, mission software, and/or Artificial Intelligence
- Proven experience architecting large ($10M-$100M+) systems within the cyber and/or software domain
- Experience leading technical teams to include solution architects and solution developers
- Desired experience supporting mergers & acquisitions, and external technology assessment
- Successful leveraging of Artificial Intelligence technologies
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio
- Experience with system development and security lifecycle
- Understanding and experience with NIST Risk Management Framework
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Experience developing and leading technical teams
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions, and task cost estimation
- Location: Reston, VA
- Potential for 25% travel
- Active (desired) or ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI Clearance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.