The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Deputy Operations Manager and Senior Staff. We are seeking an experienced Executive level Admin with demonstrated office management expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities in a fast paced environment all while ensuring the success of the Operation. The LInC Executive Admin will serve as the lead for the other administrative assistants on the team, ensuring that the team is collaborative across the Operation. This role requires the ability to support executives across the Operation as well as the ability to manage critical scenarios and proactively plan for future strategy. The Executive Admin will establish protocols to ensure adequate support levels across the Operation.
- Provide critical support to Executive and Senior Management Staff of the LInC, ensuring high level of proactive communication and strategy.
- Support recruitment and hiring by scheduling and supporting candidate interviews, post-interview follow-up, candidate tracking, and new employee orientation and on-boarding.
- Schedule, help plan, and facilitate meetings ranging from small team meetings to town halls with senior management, including larger scale conferences and workshops that require strong event planning skills and experience.
- Utilize a variety of management information systems/business information systems in support of employees and management (e.g., travel requests, purchasing requests etc.).
- Be called upon to support any number of support tasks and office management functions so must readily adapt to new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude
- Operate as the primary point of contact for all internal and external customers.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in writing, on the phone, and in person.
- Maintain, manage, and resolve conflicts on multiple heavy calendars with ability to problem solve and adjust schedules based on priorities.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, conferences, town halls (prepare presentations, determine meeting logistics, order food, reserve conference rooms, escort visitors, and secure A/V assistance).
- Interact with executives’ constituents to develop relationships at all levels in order to facilitate communications and schedules.
- Prepare detailed travel arrangements, ensuring details are reflected on the calendar; assemble itineraries/logistics, tracking travel to assist with any changes that occur in route; quickly respond to changing priorities; and research travel options to promote savings opportunities.
- Prepare timesheets and expense reports (including relocation and international travel), act as time card administrator, assist with charge codes and company policies.
- Prioritize correspondence, screen email messages and process requests appropriately, maintain call lists.
- Interface with assistants to the Group President, Operations Manager and Division Managers to coordinate calendars and ensure meeting coverage.
- Handle confidential business matters and maintain smooth operation of office when the executive is unavailable.
- Compile and consolidate data from various sources into meaningful documents/reports that will be utilized by key Operation decision makers.
- Assist other Operation management staff with administrative tasks, including drafting and editing of letters and correspondence, scanning documents, coordinating travel arrangements, creating and printing business cards, and shipping materials.
- High School education combined with 5+ years of experience (degree preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as an administrative assistant, office coordinator/ manager, event coordinator or receptionist support Executive and/or C-Suite staff.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel).
- Familiar with MS SharePoint, able to create presentations as well as combine existing presentations for meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings, and plans for senior and executive managers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and work well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, including Executive.
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance, so US Citizenship is required.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.