Come put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented entry-level DevOps Engineers to come work in one of our state of the art Leidos Software Factories in Orlando, FL . In this role, you will join dynamic Agile software teams that are singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and engaging environment.
These are some of the cool stuff you will be doing:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug automation solutions for development, test and production environments.
- Manage private and public cloud infrastructures via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications.
- Enable the continuous integration and continuous delivery of our diverse suite of software products by applying best practices for infrastructure provisioning, configuration and automated software deployments.
- Continually evaluate and apply best practices to facilitate continuous improvement that can be applied across teams.
- Develop migration solutions to move content (source code, artifacts, tracking tickets, documentation, CI/CD pipelines, etc.) to other environments and/or tools.
- Own small parts of the overall solution for a project or program.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field and less than 2 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevSecOps concepts and best practices.
- Fundamental background with software design patterns and programming languages.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain U.S. DoD TS/SCI w/ Polygraph security clearance.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with GitOps tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.