Are you ready to unleash your potential?
We are in search of a Cyber Defence Analyst to join our team.
This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and innovative network defenders, and the best group of individuals out there.
Leidos’ Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Team (CSIRT) has an immediate opening for a motivated Cyber Defence Analyst. Leidos is an international company made up of 35,000 employees that provides Defence, Intelligence and Health Products to our customers. Our goal is to stay ahead of, and maintain a technical advantage over our adversaries using the latest technical advancements, including custom built cybersecurity capabilities.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will include threat hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors. You will perform data analysis, incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats, particularly those directed against Leidos' global networks.
You will be expected to "think like an adversary" and engage in threat hunting operations leveraging your understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by advanced threats combined with intelligence from multiple sources, and provide reporting and briefings to other teams and leadership in order to maintain appropriate levels of situational awareness. In this position, you will have the ability to grow through training opportunities, conferences and collaboration with industry peers and adjacent parts of our business. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a highly collaborative and supportive environment.
- Analyse network and host activity associated with both successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers
- Perform network traffic analysis utilising raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output
- Support enterprise incident response efforts
- Leverage understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats to create and add custom signatures that mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise
- Employ advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction and intelligence gathering
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats. Apply analytical understanding of attacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerabilities, and key indicators of attacks and exploits
- Contribute to threat intelligence reports and briefings that provide situational awareness of cyber threats impacting the company's global network infrastructure, to every level of the organisation
- Participate in threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, as well as indicators of attack, in order to detect advanced threats to the enterprise
- Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals
- Provide on-call support for incident response efforts outside of core hours, as needed
- Mentor junior analysts technically and conceptually
- Collect, create and disseminate threat intelligence
- Lead small groups within the team for discernable tasks, including projects and incident response
- Drive advanced countermeasures through to completion
- Understanding and educating the team about defending new threat vectors
- Experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics, or malware analysis
- Experience performing "deep dive" analysis and correlation of log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic artifacts
- Experience leading and contributing to incident response activities
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network Protocols
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and the Unix/Linux command line
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc
- Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM-type platform
- Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat intelligence to both technical and executive-level stakeholders
- Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence Analyst
- Experience with dynamic malware analysis, and reverse engineering
- Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis
- Experience in cyber security engineering
- Experience defending large cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures
- Published research papers at conferences or through other mediums (blogs, articles)
- Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools and techniques
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats
- Experience applying threat and data modeling, advanced data correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports
- Clearance to Start: BPSS
- Clearance for Role: SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.