Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago. We’re seeking a Project Analyst who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in collaborating across internal and external partners to identifying and matching available talent to current and/or future opportunities for an information technology team across various customer businesses areas for Investor-Owned Utility clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Analyst to support an information technology team. This candidate will work with our projects organization including a team of project directors, customer service managers, and project managers to create and monitor work orders and change orders.
Location: Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Little Rock, AR or The Woodlands, TX area. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
- Responsible for the creation and monitoring of project work orders and change orders
- Work closely with the project directors, customer service managers, and project managers to obtain scope, period of performance, hours and skillsets needed in order to create work/change orders
- Responsible for the creation and monitoring pricing for each work order
- Responsible for tracking and updating the status of contracts in our SharePoint tool
- Work with project manager to proactively extend work orders that are expiring or running out of funding
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that work are being approved and executed in a timely manner
- Must be able to multi-task, organize, take initiative, negotiate, follow through, and anticipate the next steps needed in a situation.
- The successful candidate is well-organized, collaborative, detail-oriented, and enjoys being part of a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- May be responsible for special projects and any other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology or related field is preferred. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 1+ years of related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of management and staff.
- Must demonstrate the ability to build strong client relationships with internal customers and other functional departments within the corporation.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully communicate ideas.
- The candidate should possess an ability to work independently and prioritize tasks as well as working with deadlines, and have a sense of urgency about tasks.
- Must be thorough and proactive with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Requires initiative and the willingness to pitch in as needed in a team environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
- The candidate must be able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Must be comfortable working in an ever-changing work environment in which priorities may change on a frequent basis.
- Experience operating in a large technical environment including application development and infrastructure support is preferred
- Experience in the Oil & Gas or Utilities is a plus
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.