Leidos has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level Software Developer on the Systems Engineering & Integration Contract (SEIC), supporting Air Force & Navy Mission Planning. SEIC software developers create Mission Planning utilities, integrate capabilities within DevOps pipelines, and train other software developers.
The successful candidate will be energetic, organized, eager to learn and comfortable working & speaking in a collaborative team environment. Under supervision, core responsibilities will include:
- Software solution integration & prototyping in a DevSecOps environment
- Creating & maintaining software-development documentation, wikis & training materials for other developers
- Software Development with Java and C#.Net
- Utilizing front-end web development tools for development and integration
- Software Development on microservices-based architectures and API design
- Mentoring less-experienced software developers on how to develop and integrate new capability within an AWS or Azure cloud-based DoD Mission Planning pipeline
- Providing Help-desk escalation software developer support
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret-level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field
- 4+ years of software development experience working on microservices-based architectures and Application Programming Interface (API) design
- 1+ years of working in a DevSecOps environment, with an understanding of DevSecOps best practices
- Experience with frontend web-application technologies (i.e., Node, NPM, React, Redux)
- Ability to work in both Linux & Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of software version control tools such as GIT
- Experience with Docker containers (Window and Linux)
- Experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code tools
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment (SAFe is a plus)
- Experience with Azure DevOps/Atlassian Tool Suite
- Prior experience as a trainer or mentor to more junior developers
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.