The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Transition Manager (TM) to support the DHS Services, Technology, Engineering and Management (STEAM) program. The TM will lead efforts in converting existing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise IT services from an incumbent contractor to Leidos.
Leidos is looking for a TM that possesses in-depth knowledge of program transition concepts and planning, and proven experience as a successful transition manager to plan, coordinate, lead, and execute a successful transition within a tightly managed customer-mandated time period.
The TM will accurately assess the state of an existing project, create a detailed transition plan, and execute the transition to include collaborating with the incumbent contractor, transferring data, IT assets, processes, and personnel. The TM will plan and conduct a readiness review, report status to the customer, and ensure there is no service interruption to the customer.
- Responsible for the successful and timely execution of the transition effort. Leading program transition start-up/phase-in.
- Create a Transition Plan in conjunction with the outgoing contractor. This plan must include schedules and milestones, stakeholder responsibilities, and risk mitigations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the transition to the Leidos Program Manager and leadership, as well as customer Leadership and Contracting Officer(s)
- Ensure mission continuity by delivering uninterrupted, quality services to customer end users
- Requires a BA degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience
- Expert understanding of program transition approaches and concepts
- Proven and successful execution of Program Transitions as the Lead Transition Manager.
- Experience as a project manager and/or program manager or deputy.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes.
- Ability to join new efforts quickly and work effectively with a diverse group of other people.
- Ability to multi-task and cover a wide variety of issues and areas.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Program Management experience; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.