Join the Leidos NISC IV program as an Eastern Service Center Operations Support Group specialist. The NISC IV contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
The candidate will provide support, analysis, and assistance and expertise to the Operations Support Group (OSG) by using a variety of systems including, but not limited to: Terminal Area Route Generations, Evaluation and Traffic Simulations (TARGETS), Area Navigation (RNAV) PRO, Performance Data Analysis and Reporting System (PDARS), Sector Design and Analysis Tool (SDAT), Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis (OE/AAA), POET, Enhanced Traffic Management System (ETMS), Digital Aeronautical Chart Supplement (DACS), EnRoute Automation Modernization (ERAM), Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and the Tracking System. This requirement requires close liaison and coordination with applicable Service Center offices and field organizations. This position also requires the ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Perform National Airspace System (NAS) impact analysis, environmental studies, document change proposals, procedure development and participate on District/Facility/ Eastern Service Center (ESC)/Headquarters (HQ) telcons.
- Process temporary flight restrictions and participate in telcons/meetings to discuss airspace issues in detail.
- Continually review changes to NAS components, operational data, airspace, procedures, traffic flow, and FAA Air Traffic (AT) regulations. Forward changes to affected facilities in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to all inquiries concerning airport, airspace, procedural or special project issues.
- Formulate responses to congressional and general correspondence inquiries directed by the Government Technical Representative (GTI) at the request of the OSG Manager.
- Review proposed approach/departure/route for accuracy and timeliness of submission.
- Maintain the ESC Operations Support Service Request tracking system to ensure documentation and completion of project.
- Review and provide comment as requested on Non Rule Action (NRA) issues as requested.
- Provide support in the development of documents, orders, notices and memorandums. As necessary, the candidate will solicit input from other offices and lines of business to compile an Eastern Service Area/ESC position and will forward reviewed and/or approved documents after ensuring their compliance with guidelines and directives. Track submissions to ensure completion.
- Review the Long Term Scheduled Outage (LOS) and coordinate in accordance with National and ESC policy.
- Coordinate with system users and other FAA offices to develop a solution/position and then communicate this to interested parties.
- Address traffic flow and airport capacity issues by attending users meetings, participating in decision-making workshops and in facility evaluations. The candidate will conduct comprehensive desktop reviews of previous day’s traffic and prepare a detailed report for the Director of Tactical Operations. Participate in Airport Customer forums to discuss construction impacts on airport capacity, ground delay programs and equipment issues, and participate in meetings and/or telcons to address such issues as construction, runway closures, or severe weather and equipment outages impacting traffic flow at major airports.
- Participate in telecons addressing issues in assigned District/Facilities.
Typically requires a BA degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires 8 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller 2152 experience in a Terminal facility.
- National Airspace System and FAA Directives: knowledge of the NAS and FAA Directives.
- Planning: conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis and must be able to develop reports, establish schedules, and conduct studies.
- Communications: must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels.
- Administrative: provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Previous experience at a level 10/11/12 Air Traffic Control facility will receive preference. BA/BS degree from an accredited college. FAA management and/or Staff experience.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.