Leidos is looking for a Control Account Manager to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows Earned Value Management along with DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Control Account Manager’s responsibilities include schedule planning and status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis and resultant corrective action, and estimating costs at completion as they relate to Earned Value Management. The CAM assures technical scope, schedule, and budget are integrated. The CAM is accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account Performance.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Report to the PM/DPM
- Control the financial management of a Control Account (CA) or Technical Task Order (TTO)
- Participate as an Agile Team Member for the PMO Scrum team
- Collaborate with the Agile organization charged with delivering the work within the assigned CA or TTO
- Ensure that Agile and EV principles are maintained within work teams
- Maintain a current Estimate to Complete for all work within the CA/TTO
- Author a Monthly Status Report (MSR) or Variance Report (VR) for each TTO or CA each accounting period
- Participate in the monthly business rhythm of the program with the Business Team Lead
- Request authorization from the customer for activities within the CA or TTO that are within scope but not authorized
- Respond to requests from the customer for each CA or TTO
- Serve as the primary non-technical POC for the customer for activities within the CA or TTO
- Designate the primary technical POC to the customer and to any other stakeholders
- Participate in any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness within the CA or TTO
- Assures the work within the CA or TTO is adequately staffed and participates in the staffing process
- Handle procurement requests within the CA or TTO to buy equipment
- Ensure that the authorization to expend funds (labor, materials, ODC) within the CA or TTO are within budgetary constraints
- Review Weekly Hours Reports to ensure that charging within the account is correct
- May request information from the Business Team as needed to answer business questions from the PM or customer
- Approve funding for subcontractors to fulfill CA or TTO requirements
- Approve timecards for subcontractors
- Participate in responses to RFIs, RFPs, or Requests for a ROM
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
Five (5) years experience in large scale software development and hardware integration programs
Five (5) years experience in technical project or program management
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Two (2) years experience working within an Agile environment or program
Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- A PMP or similar Project Management or Program Management credential
- A CSM or other Scrum Master credential or coursework
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework agile methodology
- Experience with control account management (CAM), cost accounting, earned value management (EVMS)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.