The Network Engineering Manager on the Origin IV program is responsible for the overall daily tactical oversight of all Tier 1-3 network engineering activities for a customer’s IT portfolio. The manager will lead a team of approximately 20 network engineers and be responsible for the daily tasking and successful completion of activities in both Operations and Maintenance (O&M) as well as new networking requirements for IT projects. This manager is responsible for the performance and career development of the network engineering team and will work closely with the Program Execution Manager (PEM), ensuring that the right resources are assigned to the right requirements in order to maintain levels of service per defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The successful candidate will oversee the network engineering team in support in a fast-paced, mission-oriented environment.
This manager will be the primary focal point to the Program Execution Manager for all status and tasking related to the network engineering discipline.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Providing functional oversight of all task-level assignments within the network engineering team
• Helping to drive a mindset of continuous improvement and technical discipline within the network engineering team
• Responding to frequent priority shifts as a result of customer direction
• Tracking and maintaining compliance with customer SLAs applicable to the network engineering team (e.g. network availability)
• Driving network automation initiatives in order to drive efficiencies within deployment projects
• Identifying and driving standardization activities within the network engineering team
• Maintaining effective communications and coordination among customers and managers relevant to network engineering requirements
• Overall responsibility for a team of approximately 20 FTE
• Mentoring of employees in order to build skillsets and encourage the professional development of team members
• Must have a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent AND 8 years
• Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
• Strong working knowledge of industry standards and best practices related to network engineering
• A minimum of 10 years cumulative experience in an IT field discipline (network engineering, software engineering etc.)
• Experience instituting a training plan in order to align the skills of the team with business needs
• Experience with programs deploying IT solutions
• Experience leading technical teams, including sub-contractors
• Experience in all phases of the systems development lifecycle
• Expertise in leading teams within a fast paced operational environment
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Strong customer service approach
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Attention to detail in writing, reporting, and communicating
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
• MS or equivalent professional experience and specialized education
• Network certifications (e.g. CCNA)
• ScrumMaster or other Agile certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.