Leidos is looking for a Client Server/Systems Administration who will be responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of server, workstations and virtual environments. This is primarily a design and development role, but up to 20% O&M support is expected.
This position will work with network engineers on various technical projects. This is primarily a design migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of server, workstations and virtual environments role, but up to 20% O&M support is expected. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to work in a high-energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
• Design and development of new engineering solutions across multiple systems including virtual environments, server-based solutions, and workstation deployments.
• Document engineering standards, develop, deploy and test client architecture and engineering design solutions.
• Evaluate current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
• Must have familiarity with VMWare ESXi, Vcenter and Horizon products. Must also be familiar with Citrix Xen products and other VDI solutions.
• Ability to perform basic Windows environment troubleshooting for sporadic Customer concerns daily get rid of this
• Independently build and deploy virtual servers, manage shared storage solutions, deploy VDI solutions to new customers and make domain level changes as they pertain to new customer requirements.
• Understand security vulnerabilities and be able to mitigate them as needed on a monthly basis.
• Working knowledge of NetAPP storage area networks (SAN) and the associated technologies for maintaining them
• Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements and solve problems
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Effectively complete individual projects and tasks independently upon training
• Must possess the ability to coordinate concurrent projects
• Conduct a technical site survey in order to assess site expansion needs and implement the optimal technical solution
• Ensure adherence to project procedures and security guidelines when providing remote and site support services to external partners
• May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
• Requires a Bachelor degree and at least 12 years of experience or Master and at least 10years of experience or 16 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Must have strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy and must understand WSUS and third party software patching.
• Must have familiarity with patching tools like WSUS, SCCM or PDQ deploy
• Provide training and mentoring to team members
*You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and psychological screening, as a condition of employment*
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.