Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Computer Security Systems Specialist for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in Pensacola, Florida. This is a full time position that must work in Pensacola, Florida. No full time telework is allowed.
The CSSP Sensor Grid is a large collection of enclave level passive intrusion detection devices as well as large number of boundary level sensing devices that monitor the network traffic of DISA’s CSSP customers to identify, classify and detect malicious electronic communications activity on the DODIN. The Computer Security Systems Specialist manages all production instances of the CSSP Sensor Grid across the DODIN and acts as the administrative support team applying all approved changes to the operational platforms as requested by the CSSP Sensor Grid Program Manager on a monthly basis.
- Be willing to quickly deploy on-site when required by the Government and Prime to perform hardware and software maintenance and repair.
- Maintain a detailed and accurate list of contact information, rack elevation diagrams, and wiring diagrams for each sensor site as required by the Government to aid in remote access and for quick hardware and software problem discovery and repair.
- Performs risk analyses, which also includes risk assessment. Provides technical support for secure software development and integration tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adhering to the design concept and to user standards.
- Tasks include: field engineering from both onsite and remote locations which requires installing hardware (if Government waiver is approved), installing virtual components as systems, installing servers, installing operating systems, installing software, uninstalling software, monitoring systems and processes, patching operating systems and software applications, installing network devices, configuring network devices, patching network devices, monitoring network devices, installing storage and database systems, patching storage and database systems, configuring and tuning system processes, and troubleshooting and resolving problems with the CSSP Sensor Grid.
- Assist with the Open Sensor Platform as requested.
- Assist CSSP Sensor Grid Lead in creating, documenting, and maintaining a CSSP Sensor Grid Service Design Plan (SDP) that defines all aspects of the service throughout all stages of its lifecycle. The SDP shall be updated anytime there is a change to the architecture, financial posture or requirements of the service. The Service Owner shall be the primary internal and external Subject Matter Expert for the service they are assigned to manage. They shall be aware at all times on the state of their service and report on that status to the Government as required. Work with all other ITIL UCSA business managers to ensure that their service is providing value to the UCSA program and its mission partners and users.
- Bachelor's of Arts or Bachelor's of Science in a technical discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Can be waived by the Prime.
- Minimum of 5+ year's of experience. Can be waived by the Prime.
- Knowledgeable of Security/IA products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
- Be able to Analyze and recommend resolution of security/IA problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines.
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Network Management is absolutely necessary.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining network sensors.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoD 8570/DoD 8140, minimum IAT II.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.