Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is currently seeking a Defence Business Development Lead aligned to our National Security and Defence Division covering the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence. You will work with a team of BD professionals and report to the Business Development Director for Defence and also work closely with the National Security & Defence Portfolio Director .
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The role you will play:
- Plan and lead our BD activities to achieve our annual awards (signings) targets in this strategic and fast growing area of the UK business
- Responsible for development of the pipeline of opportunities to support the next 3 years business growth ambition which aligns to the UK strategy
- You will develop and maintain senior relationships with the major target government clients positioning Leidos as a strategic potential supplier
- You will oversee the Leidos bid teams in their pursuit and shaping of the business development campaign to propose differentiated client propositions
- Identify, influence and qualify the opportunities that best match Leidos strengths and provide optimum outcomes for the client and us
- You will work with our marketing team to develop innovative campaigns to bring Leidos global capabilities to the UK market
- You will be capable of leading and executing significant new business campaigns in the UK Defence market
- Operating effectively within a multi-functional team, you will be an effective leader and communicator and have a background in/understanding of Government clients, the market place and their requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- Substantial experience successfully selling IT Services in the UK Defence market
- Existing client relationships in UK Ministry of Defence
- A track record of successfully driving business growth year on year and hitting targets
- Demonstrable experience of success in leading and winning contracts valued in excess of £25m
- Extensive knowledge of Government business development, contract awards, current procurement trends and customer buying behaviours
- Proven experience of collaboratively creating compelling winning bids with partners
- Worked in an organisation which delivers strategy, business solutions and transformation with a proven depth of experience in pursuing and winning new business
- Excellent inter-personal, presentation and verbal skills and an experienced negotiator
- Tenacity and energy to maintain the momentum of multiple and concurrent bids across the Division
- Client and Industry stakeholder engagement essential
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.