The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Project Manager to support the DHS Services, Technology, Engineering and Management (STEAM) program. The Project Manager will lead a talented team in providing services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Vetting Center (NVC) in its mission to facilitate the sharing of screening and vetting intelligence and information.
Leidos is looking for a Project Manager that will lead and participate in the development of technical solutions for the NVC case management tool. The Project Manager will identify technical requirements, develop user stories, design and implement solutions using the full suite of SecDevOps tasks using Agile methodologies, perform system integration and testing, and perform associated data management tasks. The Project Manager will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for these management issues and technical matters, and will be responsible for managing cost, schedule, quality and risk for these activities.
We are looking for a team-oriented leader focused on delivering and supporting the goals of DHS. The Project Manager must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct, and manage.
- Responsible for all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the scope of work described above
- Interact daily with various team leads and stakeholders
- Work with Technical Directors, system engineers, security, modeling and simulation personnel to shape program strategic picture in support of system CONOPs development and customer implementation directives.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues
- Coordinate efforts across a multi-organizational technical team
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions
- Requires a BA degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience managing programs or projects in a DHS environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- PMP trained or certification
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.