Currently, we have opportunities for multiple levels of Distribution Engineers, including Distribution Engineering Managers, for electric utility engineering. This position will be working with our growing Power Distribution Engineering team. This role could require leading other distribution engineers, oversight and QA/QC of both simple and complex engineering projects, working directly with clients, and ensuring the Leidos reputation of high quality is maintained.
This position is for Framingham, MA. Relocation assistance could be provided. There is a possibility of remote/hybrid office model.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience/expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
10%-30% working with client in office or field visit
60%-80% Engineering and development of design pkgs for customer
10% admin/planning/customer follow-up
Background must haves:
To be considered for these positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- For Level 2: Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required (or equivalent relevant experience may be consider in lieu of degree) and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- For Level 3: Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required (or equivalent relevant experience may be consider in lieu of degree) and 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- For Level 4: Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required (or equivalent relevant experience may be consider in lieu of degree) and 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- For Level 5: Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required (or equivalent relevant experience may be consider in lieu of degree) and 12+ years of prior relevant experience
All levels require:
- Relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT/FE credentials or PE license is preferred)
- Execution of distribution projects from kickoff through design approved
- Customer interaction
- Process documentation
- Experience with the NESC and/or CA GO95
- (Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
Nice to haves
- Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
- Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, O-Calc, SPIDAcalc
- Experience using MicroStation--performing Electrical Distribution design
- Experience with Joint Use and Colocation projects
- Experience with rear to front lot conversion projects
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Excellent time management
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.