Do you enjoy the challenge and intrigue in finding and qualifying new business opportunities, meeting and establishing new relationships, and working with an awesome team focused on winning? If you do, come join us at Leidos!
Our Intelligence Group has a new opportunity for a Business Development Lead to conduct business development activities for Cyber Security Directorate opportunities. The individual filling this position will be based out of our Columbia, Maryland office. This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to the breadth and depth of Leidos business with CSD. The role requires an ethical approach to identifying and pursuing new opportunities, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding, resourcefulness, and outstanding business relationships. This is a new business development position in the organization that will report to the Maryland Procurement Office Business Development Director.
The BD lead is directly responsible for contributing to the development and management of a robust qualified pipeline focused on CSD. The qualified pipeline must be linked to both near and lon term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue. The position requires a high degree of responsibility; significant and lasting customer affinity; outstanding communication skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize against goals and objectives; discernment to manage the pipeline against the operation, group and corporate strategy; understanding of customer gaps and underlying Leidos IP to fill gaps; and the ability to develop new solutions, processes, and operational plans that position Leidos for positive outcomes in the target marketspace. Developing new opportunities, establishing CRADAs, and creating positive business outcomes are primary responsibilities of the business development lead. In addition, extensive industry relationships, understanding of the existing program and teaming environment, and mastery of various facets of the customer mission are critical to this position.
- This position requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 13+ years of experience.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Experience in identifying and qualifying large business development programs (>$150M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping
- Proven record of success developing opportunities within the Intelligence Community (winning single award >$150M pursuits)
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competitors, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI
- Master’s degree
- TS/SCI with current polygraph
- 15+ years’ experience working in or with MPO
- Experience in CYBER domain and with tradecraft approaches across multiple intelligence disciplines
- Prior business development experience in the MPO market, particularly CSD
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.