The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Civil Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in Jamaica, NY in construction oversight for projects in support of the Communications Engineering Centers
as part of the Eastern Service Area (ESA). The projects will range over the geographic scope of the ESA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
- Supervise construction of FAA projects and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily records and reports related to the project.
- Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with the general contractor for adherence to the drawings and specifications.
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Assess the progress and inform the Project Engineer and all stake holder in case of delays.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of Construction contractor
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with Project Engineer
- Participate in construction inspections, final inspections, and contract close-out activities.
- Conduct regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues project engineer, as necessary.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary engineering team as required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare construction drawings, site-specific specifications, contract documents and independent cost estimates as needed to support change proposals.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and review Work Permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate with other ongoing construction and projects.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of each project’s status to the FAA RE, FAA Engineer staff, and all stakeholders as necessary.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Review contractor shop drawings and construction submittals and provide input to FAA RE and other FAA staff as needed.
- Track, reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions.
- Submit CM Web documents
- Must have a Bachelor of Science, Engineering Technology/Construction Management from an accredited university is required
- Must have at least 4 years of experience with commercial, industrial and/or government facilities
- Must have current and relevant knowledge of building codes
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Desired experience with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder to track daily work accomplished, personnel onsite, weather conditions and other essential details.
- Ability to work independently to support multiple projects concurrently
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines (i.e. civil, electrical, architectural) and their general requirements and typical standards.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Working knowledge of how to interpret construction plans and specifications
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.