The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, an Administrative Assistant to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will perform administrative functions like managing onboarding, proofreading technical reports, and conveying company news, policy changes, and other information to the Leidos team. Additionally, you will manage the Government Furnished Property (GFP), including goods receipt, maintaining of the GFP database, delivering 1149s, and managing of 1297 hand receipts.
- Perform all administrative functions for a team of 20 engineers.
- Manage initial and ongoing training and badging requirements for the team. Guide new hires through onboarding paperwork. Track due dates and schedule team for CAC renewals.
- Format and proof deliverable reports, including Monthly Status Reports, technical reports and briefings.
- Convey company news, policy changes, and any other information employees may require.
- Maintain organization charts, phone lists and emergency contact information.
- Perform Goods Receipt on purchased items; review and verify quantities received against purchase requests and shipping documents.
- Manage GFP in accordance with the contract and the FARs/DFARs.
- Maintain the Microsoft Access Government Property database, including adding newly purchased or transferred equipment, and ensuring accuracy and integrity of the database. Maintain transaction documentation for auditability.
- Maintain turned-in GFP in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Ensure annual GFP inventory is initiated and completed on time. Compare inventory findings against the database, resolve discrepancies, generate, and submit findings to the customer.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets of GFP inventory stored at separate locations in the local area.
- Maintain DD 1149 and AF 1297 hand receipts for equipment.
- Provide property accountability and related logistical support to field tests and remote projects as required.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience is desired; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience as an administrative assistant, office coordinator/manager, technical editor, or logistician.
- Experience reviewing or editing technical documents.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and follow-through.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field.
- Significant experience proofreading, editing, and formatting technical documents.
- Experience managing GFP.
- Prior DoD experience.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.