Are you smart, versatile, and resourceful? Do enjoy the rush of working on concept design, analysis, detailed design, prototype development, lab testing, and field testing? If so, we are looking for you, our next Data Analyst to work in San Diego, CA, as part of a small team to interface with Customers and End Users to tackle their most stressing multidiscipline design challenges.
Be an integral part of an energetic, highly engaged small team where there are many overlapping roles and opportunities for cross-over skillsets to develop and contribute across a range of technologies. We know you’ll take great pride in applying theory and technical creativity to rapidly develop impactful solutions.
- Perform computational analytics, to include CAD manipulation, finite element mesh development, engineering code development, and data processing with statistics
- Work with all aspects of the Electromagnetic (EM) Low Observables (LO) design cycle; from concept design, requirements definition, multidiscipline trade studies and analysis, to detailed engineering design, up to prototype fabrication and testing
- Provide direct engineering support for customers and end-users
- Bachelor's Degree in Science and/or Engineering with 2+ years of related experience
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must have excellent computer skills, with MATLAB, LINUX/UNIX, Windows
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, and must be meticulous, organized, responsible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment
- Background in Physics, Mathematics, and/or Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree is a plus
- Programming experience, C/C++, Visual Basic. Aptitude and desire to perform programming for the purpose of data manipulation and processing
- Working aptitude for surfacing, manipulation, and meshing of CAD geometries for use in analytical codes
- Proficiency in Geometry, Trigonometry, and Linear Algebra
- Familiarity with computational electromagnetic (CEM) methodology
- Experience with MS Office
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.