Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer for a 150+ FTE technical development program supporting the Sponsor’s Entitlement Programs as well as IdAM /ICAM, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes and Digital Policy Management. The Test Engineer will support the test of access control systems for a government customer. The successful candidate will support continuity of our customer’s mission by helping ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of IT systems.
The Test Engineer defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets tests for processes, functions, system integration, and user acceptance testing including test units, processes, and functions. Conducts system integration tests and user acceptance testing, creates automated test scripts, and coordinates with the development team to perform tests. Documents the successes and failures of all executed test procedures. Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups. Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of quality control and reliability programs.
- Work with design engineers, production personnel, customers, and other stakeholders to identify and develop verification methods for system, subsystem, and component level requirements
- Investigate problems referred by customer support
- Plan, manage, and track project test efforts
- Evaluate and develop detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Oversee and perform testing in a DevOps environment
- Support testing after each deployment
- Work with automated testing techniques
- Work with Junit
- Oversee and perform test reporting * Interact directly with customers, teammates, and functional peer groups
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Experience may considered in lieu of degree.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of software systems
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working within matrixed teams
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- Advanced degree
- Experience with test automation methodologies
- Experience conducting unit testing of software modifications
- Experience with SecDevOps
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.