This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and innovative network defenders, and the best group of individuals out there. Leidos’ Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Team (CSIRT) has an immediate opening for a motivated Cyber Defense Analyst Sr. Manager. Leidos is an international company made up of 35,000 employees that provides Defense, Intelligence and Health Products to our customers. Our goal is to stay ahead of, and maintain a technical advantage over our adversaries using the latest technical advancements, including custom built cybersecurity capabilities. Reporting to the Director of Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response, this position is responsible for the central management, oversight, and evolution of a global team defending Leidos' information networks through threat hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors. This position requires working experience in cyber security and incident response, preferably with direct management of cyber threat intelligence and/or hunting operations In this role, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to a team of Cyber Defense Analysts, provide appropriate levels of situational awareness to stakeholders, including staff, management, senior and executive leadership, and deliver cyber threat intelligence reports and briefings to internal teams, and senior leadership. Additionally, you will provide oversight to both internal and external community information sharing relationships.
- Lead a team of cyber defense analysts to identify, track, and investigate high priority threat campaigns and malicious actors.
- Lead Cyber Security Incident Handling as necessary.
- Manage cyber threat analysts researching current and emerging threats, campaign assessment, data collection and analysis; collecting, assessing, and cataloging threat indicators and responsibility for adding context to threat indicators to convey urgency, severity, and credibility
- Communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means, to different constituencies such as legal counsel, executive management and technical staff.
- Escalate new threats to leadership in a timely manner with appropriate information regarding risk, action times, and mitigation recommendations
- Oversee the team's collaboration with external CIRTs, intelligence entities, and industry communities (such as NDISAC, DCISE) on observed TTPs and activities of persistent threat actors.
- Validate information received from other organizations to minimize resource expenditures on bad intelligence
- Lead strategic projects and develop capabilities to enhance and mature existing cyber threat intelligence functions.
- Drive innovation and provide thoughtful leadership on current and future cyber security initiatives.
- Provide evaluation and feedback necessary for improving intelligence production, intelligence reporting, collection requirements, and operations.
- Interface with Business Unit and Corporate group leadership to provide an understanding of current threats targeting their environments and what security measures are currently mitigating these threats.
- Minimum of seven years' experience in cybersecurity, or cybersecurity incident response.
- Minimum of two years managing an Information/Cyber Security Team with responsibilities that include leading incident response efforts
- Able to work with sensitive materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Experience building and managing teams
- Experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics or malware analysis.
- Experience performing "deep dive" analysis and correlation of log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic artifacts.
- Experience with incident response activities involving APT threat actors and working ongoing pervasive intrusion sets.
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network Protocols.
- Ability to track and research changes within the information security field and provide actionable intelligence.
- Hands-on experience with security technologies:
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDP) – Sourcefire, Snort, Bro
- Security Information & Event Management (Splunk preferred)
- Network Analysis tools - Wireshark, tcpdump
- Full Packet Capture
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats.
- Experience applying threat and data modeling, advanced data correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports.
- Experience with Incident Response methodology in investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Experience in a security intelligence center or similar environment tracking threat actors and responding to incidents.
- Familiarity with cyber threat landscape, geopolitical issues that could have cyber impacts, security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware, digital forensics, network security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks
- Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems.
- Tool agnostic ability to conduct preliminary malware analysis.
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and the Unix/Linux command line.
- Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat intelligence to both technical and executive-level stakeholders.
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence Analyst.
- Threat hunting experience
- Experience performing dynamic malware analysis.
- Experience with malware reverse engineering.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including cloud infrastructures, routing, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols
- Hands-on experience with security technologies:
- Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR) - McAfee, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, etc.
- Security Orchestration, Automation, & Response (SOAR) - Demisto
- Threat Intelligence Platforms - CRITS, MISP, ThreatConnect, Anomali, etc
- Malware Sandboxing - Cuckoo, Yara, Volatility, etc
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.