Leidos is currently seeking an HR Director to join our best-in-class HR team to partner with the Health Group. The Leidos Health Group works to fulfill the company’s mission to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through its use of information technology, engineering and science in the domains of federal and commercial health-related customers.
The HR Director will lead Human Resources for the Leidos Military and Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS) operation which is comprised of over 2,000 employees dedicated to the health, wellness and preparedness of our military and veterans communities. The role is an exciting opportunity to partner with a dynamic and diverse business in the design and delivery of talent solutions in a fast-paced environment. The HR Director will partner with senior leadership to develop the strategy to better attract, retain, develop and deploy talent across the various programs within the organization to drive performance and growth. The position will require the development of strong working relationships and utilization of strong business acumen and leadership to effectively diagnose and address objectives on existing and new business, providing an opportunity to work with multiple business functions and to shape HR solutions to meet needs. The HR Director will manage a small team and leverage additional matrixed HR SME’s from Centers of Expertise to diagnose organizational needs and deliver high-quality and efficient services and solutions to the client. He/she will diagnose business needs and will implement solutions to continually improve organizational performance and will assist with implementation of initiatives and projects initiated by the enterprise. The position will also serve as a key leader of the HR team for the Health business and report to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources for the Group.
The incumbent in the role can expect to partner with their client groups in areas of focus such as:
- Talent Strategy
- Employee Engagement and Culture
- Talent Acquisition
- Performance Management
- Talent Development
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Organizational Change Management
- New business opportunities
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (or related field)
• 12+ years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of experience in a role supporting senior and/or executive management/leadership at a mid- to large-sized federal contractor
• Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
• Broad HR expertise with strong project management and organizational skills with strong follow-through and attention to detail.
• Proactive solution designer able to think big-picture while being resourceful in creating innovative, agile solutions with a focus on results improvement. Strong follow through to drive solutions through implementation.
• Strong verbal and written communication and consultation skills with ability to distill complex issues into executive-level presentation.
• Strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making
• Demonstrated experience leading and driving change within client groups and internally within a managed team
• Demonstrated experience with coaching and building effective relationships to influence decisions
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel sporadically as needed
• Experience with expats preferred
• Labor relations experience preferred
• Experience with Workday desired
• HR professional certification a plus
• Advanced degree a plus
• Current or previous Leidos/SAIC experience a plus
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.