Field Technician Chesapeake, VA
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a dynamic Field Technician to provide on-site customer (FAA) installations, upgrades and modifications in support of both existing and new hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within the area of responsibility. This is a full time position headquartered in Chesapeake, VA with near continuous travel throughout the continental United States. Must successfully obtain/complete a Public Trust background check accepted by the FAA.
• Perform a variety of installation functions for premises cabling systems such as Ethernet, CAT5, CAT6 and fiber optic, associated with the Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Control Systems.
• Installation of equipment, cable tray, seismic anchoring systems, and floor tile cutouts.
• Provide roving site support installation services as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to area-wide procedural/policy changes.
• Achieve day to day objectives consisting of tasks that are typically routine, with some deviation from standard practice or procedure.
• Provide on-site customer (FAA) installations, upgrades and modifications in support of both existing and new hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within the area of responsibility.
• High School diploma or equivalent experience/combined education with additional technical training equivalent to a technical associate’s degree with 1 -3+ years of relevant experience.
• Works well under moderate supervision for routine task.
• Ability to resolve Routine problems and issues, without clearly prescribed solutions.
• Checks and makes minor adjustments to work methods to solve problems.
• Communicates with colleagues and customer within own project/work area to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
• Has substantial understanding of job requirements and overall function.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a corporate card for business travel.
• Must be able to continuously travel to perform installations throughout the United States.
• Must have the ability to lift and carry forty pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to work in dim lighting.
• Ability to follow installation instructions to the finest detail.
• FAA site installation experience is a plus. Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a public Trust background check.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a corporate travel card.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.