The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Mechanical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unstaffed Infrastructure Team (AJW-242). This position will be 100% Telecommute and Full-time.
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating Mechanical systems Design in accordance with contract documents. In addition, collaborating with subcontractors, performing quality control, and safety checks, and providing on-site direction as needed. Update team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation
- Evaluates mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by reviewing designs
- Applying knowledge of mechanical/ plumbing / Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline
- Assures product quality by reviewing mechanical & plumbing designs and ensuring current standards are applied
- Bachelor of Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical & Plumbing design.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards, including the International Mechanical Code (IMC), International Plumbing Code (IPC), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standards.
- Coordinate resources, personnel management, time management and communication skills; ability to navigate related technology; familiarity with field-specific tools;
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office and communication Tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Demonstrated aptitude in use of project scheduling software such as Microsoft Projects
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, teamwork and risk management.
- Oversee project all the way through completion
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls, engine/generators, fuel storage tanks and piping
- Professional Engineering License
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.