The Leidos Junior Common Criteria Evaluator in support of Common Criteria (CC) certifications performs initial assessment of security functions; consults in development of process, design, and test documentation; and conducts the evaluation of security products based on available documentation. The Security engineer will devise and execute Common Criteria testing of commercial products to include its configuration, its operation and affirmation of its ability to meet common criteria required secure IT functionality.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Work on varied computer security Common Criteria Evaluation and FIPS 140-2 validation projects
- General security analysis
- Design work (product architecture)
- Vulnerability testing
- Physical security testing
- Product evaluations against standard Technology Type (Protection Profiles)
- Cryptographic and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) testing
- Cryptographic algorithm testing
- Source code review activities
- Technical report writing and review
- Testing automation through scripting
- Develop applications to support test cases
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline).
- Knowledge of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with subnetting and routing concepts.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Experience building testing environments, performing testing and reporting results (technical writing).
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with debugging (Android debug bridge (adb), WinDBG, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience with statistical analysis of entropy sources.
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and/or OpenPGP.
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing experience/expertise.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles and best practices.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Linux.
- Hands on experience using tools such as an oscilloscope, function generator, multi-meter, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of X.509 certificate validation.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018 (NYSE: LDOS).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.