Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking an experienced, Agile focused professional to serve as a Senior Ground Systems Lead. In this role, you will enhance and grow the Leidos satellite ground processing capabilities associated with programs and projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our Intel customer’s missions to include NRO primarily but support also to NGA. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and be able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities and the fast pace of priority space activities. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering discipline with flawless execution.
• Support the Customer with engineering solutions and processes that enable agility, speed, and security - across the diverse types of opportunities and programs including Software Engineering and Cloud Solutions
• Define, maintain, update, and execute rigorous engineering tools, processes, and resources – and drive innovation into these areas
• Support on-contract growth through the development of innovative ideas and solutions to meet new customer requirements
• Ensure proper engineering discipline, rigor, reporting, and focus on our solutions and planning for current and new business opportunities
• Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through the application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
• Lead a small team if required to support specific projects or IR&Ds
• Serve as a technical SME interfacing with PMs and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
• Serve as a technical SME for BD opportunity capture activities
• Support BD opportunity Color Reviews and Collaboration Sessions
• Advise and support engineering requirements of large-scale systems, major elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a complex network with geographically distributed components
• Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB).
• Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches.
• Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
• Coordinate, facilitate, and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
• Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
• Provide engineering technical support to special projects as needed
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
• Five or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment including strategy and plan development, risk analysis, status reporting, and execution matrices
• Familiar with current and future GEOINT and SIGINT satellite and ground collection systems to include current and proposed future capabilities
• Proficient in knowledge of GEOINT and SIGINT systems to include command & control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination as well as associated compliance policies
• Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
• Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, project or program management or both
• Five to Ten Years relevant work experience required with preference for direct experience at NRO
• Experience with delivering ground systems to NRO Ground Stations.
• Knowledge of NRO/IC organizational structure, mission, vision, culture, values, philosophy, and operating principles
• Knowledge and experience with GED systems
• Experience working all aspects of the TCPED process
• Experience with Digital Engineering, in particular, IBM Rhapsody or CAMEO NoMagic Digital Engineering/MBSE tools
• Working knowledge of program acquisition
• Working knowledge of Future Ground Architecture (FGA) 2.0 Concepts
• Experience drafting system engineering documentation
• Experience managing program artifacts
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs
• Experience with SecDevOps concept and CI/CD process
• Experience in engineering and/or acquisition of Intelligence Community (IC) and/or DoD spacecraft systems
• Knowledge of IC and/or DoD acquisition roles, processes, and/or program management
• Knowledge of satellite telemetry, tracking, and command processes
• A solid understanding of SAFe Agile Framework
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.