The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Engineering Drafter to work in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Service Center in Des Moines, WA.
The Engineering Drafter will provide Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) support to the FAA Seattle Terminal Engineering Center for various Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) and Terminal Radar Approach Control Facilities (TRACON) installation and upgrade projects, and other National Airspace System (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Provide Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) support using MicroStation, AutoCAD and MasterSpec in conformance with FAA standards.
- Prepare new CADD drawings and facility documentation, and revise existing CADD drawings and facility documentation.
- Update engineering drawings to incorporate “redline” comments, and reflect "as built" conditions.
- Assist with archiving documentation of site surveys.
- Assist in preserving existing drawings and documentation by scanning, digitization, and rasterization.
- Assist in the electronic conversion of legacy drawings.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 + years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR Associates Degree in CAD OR relevant years of experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree. Note: Candidates with less experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD).
- Experience in architectural design, detailing, and construction documents.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS).
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.