The Software Development Manager is responsible for interfacing with program and customer stakeholders and partners to ensure that technical solutions created within the program are effective in tackling the most pressing problems efficiently through the leadership of multiple scrum teams. The ideal candidate will be experienced in identifying, comparing, selecting and implementing technology solutions to meet current and future needs. The candidate will have experience with training and managing seasonal staff teams on processes and procedures. Preferably, the candidate is versed in ISR, DOD and site stewardship business practices, processes, and role of supporting large scale, enterprise level IT systems. The candidate will be knowledgeable in providing direction, senior leadership and mentorship to team members. The candidate will be responsible for presenting innovative concepts and implement solutions that extend capability for our customers. Proven leadership making high-level decisions regarding technological enhancements, staffing, and project assignments.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of our technical strategy in line with customer objectives and sensitive to rapidly changing technologies to enable new business opportunities.
- Review and monitor existing programs to ensure system designs meet/exceed requirements and technical risks are identified and mitigated resulting in successful delivery of programs to our customer
- Assigning and monitoring work completion and quality.
- Support customer engagement events to understand our customer’s future needs and ensure a better informed technical strategy
- Lead the development of solutions for upcoming customer needs
- Lead research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the applicability to the current program or its future direction
- Collaborate with operational lead and functional lead personnel to ensure stability and functionality of mission-critical applications
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Engage in process improvement initiatives
- Provide feedback on development processes to drive continuous improvement
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Technical Writing
- Familiarity with DOD Enterprise IT systems, requirements and acquisitions
- Mentor aspiring software developers and testers to ensure a culture of technical vitality within the program and organization
- Participation in hiring and performance management
- Travel may be required.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline with 12+ years of related experience.
- An active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Knowledge/experience with common SDLCs. (Agile / Scrum SDLC.)
- Demonstrated expertise developing/delivering technical solutions for large scale and small scale technology platforms and offerings.
- Demonstrated experience delivering technical reports and plans (verbal/written) to senior leadership and senior officials external and internal to the company.
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading multiple teams.
- Experience with all components of the software development and testing.
- Possess current industry technical and management certifications.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- An active Top Secret with the ability to upgrade to a TS/SCI.
- Previous experience with one or more of the following technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Ajax, JQuery, Web Services (SOAP/REST), CSS, HTML, and SQL.
- Previous experience with source control system (Git, SVN, BitBucket or similar.)
- Previous experience with automated test frameworks (Katalon, Selenium or similar.)
- Previous experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience developing and managing solutions to cost and schedule constraints.
- Advanced degree in CS or similar.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.