Join a team committed to a Mission!
We are in search of a 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst to join our team in Bristol.
Based in our Bristol office the Desktop Support team are responsible for providing 2nd line day to day desktop support (both software and hardware), plus supporting our remote users based around the UK; ensuring problems are handled in a timely and efficient manner, whilst maintaining high customer service standards.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for an Desktop Engineer to join this team; ideally we are looking for a candidate that has been educated to ‘A’ level, or equivalent, standard.
- Investigating issues logged by users on the helpdesk
- Ensure the end user is updated with progress via the appropriate communication method and the helpdesk tickets are furnished with notes / progress.
- Ensure helpdesk tickets are prioritised based on business impact and are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Escalate support incidents when necessary and in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Identify common issues and investigate / implement long term fixes, rather than piecemeal ‘workarounds’.
- Ensuring that standards and procedures are followed.
- Daily maintenance including backup checks and reporting
- Ensure that Infrastructure Services standards and procedures are followed i.e. backups are checked and reported on daily and issues identified are investigated.
- Perform user account management as part of the starter / leaver process
- Perform account creation and deletion tasks as required; ensuring that standards and procedures are followed.
- Contribution to central Infrastructure Services documentation and information repository
- Continuously adding new articles / information to the Infrastructure Services documentation and information repository and updating existing information as necessary over time.
- Support and assist with Infrastructure Services projects when called upon
- Ensure software licensing policies are followed at all times.
- Liaise with the Asset Manager to ensure correct asset registration and assist in stock control
Skills Required For This Role:
- Windows Desktop Operating System
- Basic Networking / TCP IP / Broadband Setup
- Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Office
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Experience in a technical support role, ideally second line / customer-facing
- Experience in communications and interfacing peripherals to computer hardware
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Proven ability to learn about new and complex products and services quickly
- Able to demonstrate analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to produce clear, concise, technical reports
- Proven team player
The Helpdesk and onsite support would include:
- Support Calls
- Help desk
- Onsite & Remote Support
- PC imaging and Setup for New Users
- Daily System Checks, such as Backup and Data Analysis
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.