Leidos is seeking a Software Engineers in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business. These positions can work out of either of our locations in St. Petersburg, FL, or Tewksbury, MA.
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill software development – you’ll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object-oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software for analytical instruments, such Ion Mobility spectrometers
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Work with Engineers to forecast levels of efforts and timetables
- Responsible for the implementation of spectra analysis in real time executable code
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 2-5 years of relevant software engineering experience, or master’s degree with 1-3 years'.
- Experience in C# and Object-Oriented Design (OOA and OOD)
- Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various languages
- Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 10 required; Linux a plus
- Experience implementing codes into real time run code
- WCF, WPF, .NET3.5, .NET4.0, LINQ, T-SQL
- Device drivers (Windows and Linux)
- Proficient with MS Office
- C++ experience preferred
- Multi-Threaded programming
- Real Time Programming
- Familiar with phase gate development process
- GUI development Qt, open GL with GPU programming experience a plus
- Algorithm experience
Our offices are diverse and collaborative environments, located in St. Petersburg, FL (steps away from white sand beaches!) and Tewksbury, MA (a short commute from thriving Boston and Nashua). We offer flexible work arrangements and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2021, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourth consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.”
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.