Leidos is looking for a senior Information Technology (IT) Service/Support Specialist supporting a new opportunity. The successful candidate will be team-oriented and possess strong multi-tasking abilities. The ideal candidate will use applied knowledge to assist in providing customer support and resolve routine, non-complex customer problems with information technology systems (primarily laptops and desktop computers utilizing Windows 10 operating systems).
The candidate will need proven skills to communicate with internal technical or customer service personnel to determine nature of problems to implement resolutions. He/she will document IT problems and troubleshooting procedures, attend on-going training sessions to achieve a higher level of technical skill, and apply skills and experience to gain high level of familiarity with specialized user developed software.
The position requires support occasionally on weekends and during hours outside of the normal duty day.
Primary schedule, during core duty hours (6:00 AM - 2:00 PM or 7:00 AM -3:00 PM
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation with Windows 10 operating system
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software (JIRA)
- Document internal procedures
- Install, test and configure new workstations, laptops, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to team members for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Provide advice and recommendations on hardware requirements
- Perform maintenance and repairs as required
- Participate in configuration control activities
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Provide contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Provide in-person troubleshooting support to customers.
- Document incident resolution and status in incident database tools.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service.
- Install system wide software and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Understand dependencies across hardware and software components.
- Provide input and update to standard operating procedures.
- Participate in organizations change management process.
- Must Have Security + Certification
- Possess TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 5 years of related experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.