Leidos currently has an opening for an Associate Director leading our Category Management team at our Global Headquarters located in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience leading a team of senior professionals who support various categories across the Leidos enterprise impacting major groups of spend.
- Support the identification and management of relationships with major Leidos partners and their internal stakeholders
- Function as the Leidos market expert on a slate of internal projects
- Ensure the team regularly publishes whitepapers and provide other internal status updates on project categories
- Prepare and present regular executive-level presentations and projects
- Understand current business and market dynamics, problems with those current dynamics, and possible solutions that use industry standard practices and current modeling technology
- Oversee data gathering, exploration and research into current industry trends, publishing the results to a wide technical, executive audience
- Regularly participate in new business proposal activity related to the category area. Must be willing to support short turn projects requiring additional hours and occasional travel
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s preferred, in management or supply chain management or engineering or compliance
- Prior eight (8) to twelve (12) years of experience of working within a supply chain engineering, subcontracts, or supplier quality role
- Significant experience in conducting wide supplier or subcontractor competitions. Must include RFI, RFP, supplier selection, and supplier performance management.
- Ability to analyze data, draw reasonable conclusions and make recommendations that withstand critical examination
- Ability to communicate complex analysis to all levels of the organization
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access functionality
- Demonstrate cross-functional business partnership
- Clear and concise communication skills, with experience presenting to senior executive levels
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with various procurement platforms
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master market data
- History developing policies and procedures for compliant procurement in a services environment
- Fundamental understanding of supplier performance management
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.