The position of Leidos’ Category Manager will manage the contracts and supplier relationships for major groups of spend. The position is expected to become an expert in the particular field, understanding the market dynamics, sources of supply, influences on major suppliers, and the needs of internal Leidos stakeholders. The position will influence the renewals process of the business, actively track supplier performance, and develop metrics and publications for internal stakeholders, with the goal of helping the company to operate leaner, faster, and more effectively for indirect projects.
- Identify and manage the relationships with major Leidos partners and their internal stakeholders
· Function as the Leidos market expert on a slate of internal projects
- Regularly publish whitepapers and other internal status updates on project categories
· Perform regular executive-level presentations and projects under the guidance of the Vice President of Strategic Sourcing
- Understand current business and market dynamics, problems with those current dynamics, and possible solutions that use industry standard practices and current modeling technology
· Oversee data gathering, exploration and research into current industry trends, publishing the results to a wide technical, executive audience
- Regularly participate in new business proposal activity related to the category area. Must be willing to work long hours and occasional travel
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s preferred; in management or supply chain management or engineering or compliance
• Prior eight (8) to twelve (12) years of experience of working within a supply chain engineering, subcontracts, or supplier quality role
• Significant experience in conducting wide supplier or subcontractor competitions. Must include RFI, RFP, supplier selection, and supplier performance management. Must have experience performing these tasks under US Federal Government programs.
• Ability to analyze data, draw reasonable conclusions and make recommendations that withstand critical examination Ability to communicate complex analysis to all levels of the organization
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access functionality
• Demonstrate cross-functional business partnership
• Clear and concise communication skills, with experience presenting to senior executive levels
- Experience with various procurement platforms
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master market data
- Past history developing policies and procedures for compliant procurement in an services environment
- Fundamental understanding of supplier performance management
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.