Keeping sensitive law enforcement and intelligence data secure is a key mission for the FBI. We are seeking a candidate to support the FBI’s cross domain system (CDS) that facilitates secure access to sensitive data. This position is for a Task Order Lead / Chief Engineer responsible for all task execution. As the Task Order Lead, you will lead a medium-size, geographically dispersed team in the integration of security technologies providing cross-domain services and solutions for the enterprise. The candidate will be the primary task and technical interface with the primary customer and with internal and external organizations and management. As Chief Engineer, you will focus on:
- Modernization and improvement efforts
- Enhancing the customer’s ability to monitor, report and proactively manage cross domain services
- Enabling new data transfers
- Integrating new technologies.
Task execution covers the full system development lifecycle from concept, design, development, verification, implementation, integration, and disposition. To be familiar with software engineering as it relates to the network design/ engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. The candidate will set technical direction and lead the team in estimating scope, schedule, and resources. The candidate will manage multiple concurrent projects to meet mission needs by balancing priorities, resources, and risk.
- Expert level work experience leading developing and integrating systems and applications using most of the following technologies:
- XML SOAP / REST
- Niagra Files (NiFi)
- Elastic Search / Log Stash / Kibana (ELK)
- Java, Java Script, Python, coding
- Perl scripting
- Microsoft Power Shell scripting
- KShell, BASH, etc. scripting
- Experience leading network design and integration projects with most of the following listed technologies:
- Cisco and Juniper Network Security, Routers, and Switches
- Cisco and F5 Networks Inc. Load Balancing
- IPv4 and IPv6 Routing Protocols and Standards
- Leadership skills executing tasks and using standard project management techniques.
- Experience keeping the team focused on daily and iteration goals, helping them with respect to quality, flow and velocity.
- Experience actively addressing impediments such as getting support from other external teams when required
- Provide assistance to Government Task Lead (GLT) with communications (internal and external) and maintaining team focus on priorities and scope along with promoting quality practices for the team to meet goals
- Experience managing the development of technical engineering documentation that support IT integration, deployment, and operations tasks in support of IT systems
- Facilitating the team’s after-action reviews or retrospective and leading team improvement efforts
- Knowledge in best practices and standards such as CMMI and with Change Management (CRs, CCBs, etc)
- Experience guiding teams in developing Bills of Materials (BOM) in support of GTL projections and directed task
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgement, and excellent technical written/verbal communications
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
A qualified candidate does not need to possess any of these skills, but experience in any of these areas will be beneficial in setting the candidate apart.
- Technical proposal development
- Understanding and implementation of system, network, and security architecture and network design with the ability to demonstrate creative, thought leadership in security solutions appropriate for customer and program
- Experience supporting certification and accreditation, security assessments, audits, and continuous monitoring
- Experience interfacing with cloud based solutions, migration of services to cloud providers
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one -way transfers, multi-level access solutions)
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive - Experience with various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards
- Experience with current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Experience with system audits, which may include experience conducting system audits, reviewing system audit logs, OR security audit events.
- Exhibit network design and engineering level work experience on technology integration projects with Cisco, Juniper, F5 Networks Inc., Load Balancing
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.