Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Air Force SIGINT Subject Matter Expert (SME) at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission. The Air Force SIGINT SME will serve as an experienced intelligence specialist capable of providing support and expertise to the AF cryptologic enterprise by leveraging integrated ISR capabilities to enable the collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination of accurate and timely information to combatant commanders and other customers across the enterprise.
The Air Force SIGINT SME will serve as the Service Cryptologic Component functional authority for ISR issues and be responsible to the Directorate of Operations for executing operations related to the support of SIGINT mission management, SIGINT policy and applicable national and tactical authorities. Develop plans and exercises, and the development and execution of strategic initiatives for the Air Force enterprise. Candidates will work with 16 AF and subordinate ISR Wings to maintain the health of operations and assigned SIGINT authorities, including a robust quality control and compliance program. Make recommendations and defends decisions on operational policy matters to the Director and 16 AF staff. In addition, this candidate will represent 16 AF across a variety of functional area organizations to establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with ACC directorates, USAF Special Program Offices, Headquarters of the Air Force, the Secretary of Defense, Services, combat support agencies, other combatant commands, the Intelligence Community, interagency, academia, and industry.
- TS/SCI cleared with Polygraph
- BA degree and 10+ years of relevant experience in SIGINT or 12+ years of experience without a degree
- Experience working with both National and Tactical SIGINT.
- Knowledge of the national intelligence community, Joint Command, DoD structure, organizations, and mission/functions, inter-relationships and operations.
- Experience supporting the ACC ISR enterprise.
- Knowledge of advanced dissemination principles, concepts, and methods to disburse complex information/situations attained from multiple sources, to include entitlement management systems
- Skilled in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions. to problems or questions related to the work, writing clear and concise intelligence products, and delivering written and/or verbal presentations to senior level audiences for decision-making purposes.
- Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer requests for information (RFI) and specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities.
- Clear understanding of SIGINT reporting policies.
- Fundamental understanding of software applications and databases associated with SIGINT report writing and target development.
- Experience with military collection management.
- Masters in national security, intelligence, or analysis with 6 – 10 years of relevant experience.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.