Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. The Health Growth Solutions organization identifies, plans, and matures innovative concepts, including emerging technologies, to drive differentiation in our solutions and meaningful growth in the dynamic, rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
HGS is looking for a Product Director to lead a team of Product Manages to rapidly develop, test, and refine solutions to the most critical problems facing our healthcare clients today.
This position is a doer/leader role. The position is responsible for both managing individual efforts as well as providing leadership for health product solutions, developing and proving the product/market fit to achieve the business case and return on investment, managing the product lifecycle, gathering, and prioritizing business and external customer needs; and translating needs into product requirements. This position identifies capabilities from external organizations that may be opportunities for acquisitions, licensing and or partnerships. The position is responsible for providing leadership and for delivering an innovative product or a combination of products and services that address a business problem (s) in the market.
- Develop vision, and priorities for Product Teams as well as manage individual products
- Manage cross-team dynamics to ensure the entire team is successful
- Proactively instituting process improvements across your team, (e.g., review and provide feedback on roadmaps, strategic plans and feature specs)
- Plan the structure of your team, managing headcount, succession planning, external hires, and internal transfers
- Motivate your team through a variety of strategies to ensure they are engaged and connected to the larger company mission
- Communicate status and challenges to upper management and across to stakeholders as you work cross-functionally with other teams to execute features and ensure a cohesive integration across the broader organization.
- Present a compelling narrative of the division and company strategy to large groups both internal and external to HGS
- Manage the performance of your team of product managers, including providing regular feedback, holding recurring 1:1’s, writing performance reviews, determining compensation, making promotion decisions, evaluating team against ladder, leveling up the skill set of your PMs, helping PMs set career goals, coaching through difficult situations, providing honest critical feedback.
- Create a transparent, collaborative, and dynamic team culture, embracing HGS’s core values and serving as a model to the organization
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the domains in your division and provide guidance and insight to the HGS leadership team into customer needs, business strategy, marketplace dynamics and competitors
- Attend conferences and customer calls, gathering information from current and prospective customers as well as helping close deals
- Stay up to date on product development across the company, identifying dependencies, potential impact to your team, and opportunities for to drive larger impact
- Bachelor’s degree and or 12-15 years relevant experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience with product management to include product/SW develop on developer platform products
- 10+ years building and leading world class teams
- 10+ years of relevant healthcare domain experience
- Proven knowledge of healthcare systems and applications design
- Proven ability to develop prototypes and proofs of concept in a rapid timeline
- Excellent knowledge of broad clinical workflow throughout the continuum of care
- Practical experience with clinical software applications as an end user or vendor
- Working knowledge of major clinical and healthcare software solutions, standards, and interfaces
- Experience with agile development and rapid prototyping to ensure timely customer feedback on concepts and solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a working knowledge of business finance, pricing, and forecasting
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Requires functional knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with SaaS delivery platforms
- Experience with the integration of external SaaS products with the Leidos healthcare enterprise platform
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.