The Strategic Communications Specialist will support the execution of differentiated communications strategies, campaigns and programs for a multi-billion-dollar defense health program. This individual will work closely and collaborate with the program’s Strategic Communications lead to ensure that the Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is armed with effective communication tactics that help drive program performance. The Strategic Communications Specialist will also collaborate with other core marketing and communication functional areas and internal and external teams to develop content and execute traditional and digital campaigns. Tasks may be related to research and analysis, branding, public relations, marketing, employee engagement and corporate social responsibility, internal communications, event management, customer relationship marketing, and general administrative duties as needed - while ensuring alignment with the corporate and LPDH brand.
More specifically, the Strategic Communication Specialist’s primary role and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing and editing content related to the program in a manner which supports consistent business objectives and enhances the LPDH brand and awareness.
- Work with partner companies and technical SMEs to develop high-impact communication deliverables such as marketing collateral, graphics/technical illustrations, digital/social content, press releases, white papers, presentations, videos and case studies.
- Research, writing and editing copy, providing art direction for graphic design/layout, as well as coordinating logistics for production and distribution of materials.
- Administrative duties associated with maintaining current strategic communications tools; to include org charts, locations map, email distribution list, staff roster, and other materials.
- Support content development for internal and external awards program(s) to recognize staff.
- Develop content for external website, to include social media, new releases, and development of strategic blog posts from executive leadership to communicate key program milestones.
- Travel to trade shows and other relevant industry events (as needed) to support onsite social media activities associated with the program.
*** Candidate must live in DC metro area and have ability to travel from Vienna, VA office to Reston, VA as needed.
Education and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 8-12 years of experience in the communication field; Federal and Commercial Health B2G experience desired
- US Citizen. Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Contract Requirement.
- Diverse communications background preferred (e.g. internal, digital, media relations, social media, employee engagement, trade show, events, marketing)
- Strong writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms.
- Keen attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to manage logistics for complex projects.
- Ability to complete deliverables within tight deadlines and/or changing requirements.
- A general ability to understand technical concepts, value proposition and benefits and translate them to a variety of audiences.
- Proactive approach to tackling challenges; including self-driven research, knowledge gathering, and providing solutions that deliver results.
- Hands-on experience creating and executing communication campaigns that leverage multiple channels to achieve goals with measurable results.
- Significant knowledge of communications best practices, to include AP writing style.
- Experience with digital communications and associated content a plus.
- Experience in technology or health companies is highly preferred.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.