Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Senior AI ML Data Scientist to join our interdisciplinary team on the Research Support Service (RSS) contract at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL). This is an opportunity to work in the exciting area of artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI/ML) solutions for energy-related applications in a rapidly growing Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory program. You will work in a research environment with other scientists and subject matter experts. The work involves large data sets and adapting AI/ML algorithms to energy issues that are critically important to the long-term sustainability of the energy infrastructure in a carbon-constrained environment. This position requires extensive experience in analysis of large data sets, AI/ML, and applied research. The role will also involve working with scientists and business development experts to propose new projects and support collaborative working relationships with external organization.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Actively engaging in AI/ML activities spanning across subsurface, material, energy conversion, and computational science to solve spatial and temporal problems.
- Acting as a key technical resource to improve project qualities.
- Enhancing Leidos’ reputation by publishing and presenting results of R&D activities in high quality scientific peer-reviewed journals and presentations at national and international technical meetings.
- Tracking and analyzing AI/ML trends, capabilities to perform business intelligence analysis to provide high-level strategic and technical advice to stakeholders.
- Initiating and developing whitepapers/proposals and engage with potential clients and partners to capture business opportunities.
- Interfacing with clients and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Providing period status and project reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually) to update project managers and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree and 12 years of work experience in data analysis, AI/ML applications or a Master's Degree and 10 years of work experience in data analysis, AI/ML applications.
- Experience with modern AI/ML algorithms/frameworks (e.g., CNN, LSTM, transfer learning, committee machine, federated learning) and packages (e.g., TensorFlow, Pytorch, Pandas, Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Apache Storm).
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, machine learning, statistics, physics, or related domains.
- Specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions in subsurface engineering, financial engineering, geospatial analysis, and machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability in proposal development and business capture.
- Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as a primary investigator.
- Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.