Primary Job Duties
- Design, develop, build, test and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Conduct research, code review, and design reviews
- Develop and present test plans, release notes and procedures
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization
- Analyze customer issues, trouble shoot and implement solutions
- Conduct hands-on system level testing
- Involve in the full software lifecycle that includes requirements, design, develop, test, release, support and maintain
All levels require:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of fundamental features of Object Oriented Architecture, Design and Programming
- Ability in future to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which requires US citizenship. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position and require applicants to be either a US citizen or a permanent resident (Green Card holder)
Additional requirements by level include:
- Level II: 2+ years of software experience using C# or C++ in Windows operating systems environment (Linux experience a plus)
- Level III: 4+ years of software experience using C# or C++ in both Linux and Windows operating systems environments
- Experience with multi-threaded and/or real time programming
- Good working knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience with QT or other GUI frame work highly desirable
- Good understanding of data structures and software design solutions in PLC systems
- Languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc
- Some working knowledge with Information Assurance (IA) a plus
To find entry-level positions requiring less than 2 years of practical experience, please visit https://careers.leidos.com/search/college/jobs
Our St. Pete office is a diverse and collaborative environment, just steps away from white sand beaches. We offer flexible work arrangements and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and an inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2021, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourth consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.